Wednesday 29 December 2010

Bones

I like the naked trees
In winter
They look as if they were burnt
As the snow looks like death
Trying to swallow
But then it did
As their souls went black
And they stretch
To achieve something above
Not knowing that it's just
An abyss
They show patterns
Their bones colouring the sky
As my eyesight gets worse
As my eye closes
As the sunlight burns
I'd feel myself sink
The snow muching on my feet
The cold around
As if it were a hug of ice
Would they fall down
If they'd never reach it?
Or maybe they have
Glowing against the globe.

Nation

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like poems that go full circle and this one definitely went full circle! Thanks for the read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Really happy that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the winterfeel you really took me there.awesome poetry.

    ReplyDelete